The Wiese family reunion will be held in Columbus, NE on July 20th and 21st 2018. See this Map of Locations for reference.
- Friday evening gathering
- Doug has the bowling alley booked again starting at 6. Just show up when you want. Sandwiches, beer/drinks available for purchase at their usual prices. Bowling and other activities available on first come basis. Boulevard Lanes, 1819 Howard Boulevard.
- Saturday morning
- Len’s family is having a graveside committal service/interment of Len’s ashes at 10:00. Cemetery is located at 12th Ave and 15th St. No other activities have been planned for Saturday morning
- Saturday gathering at Izaak Walton
- Arrive anytime Saturday morning.
- Main meal will be served around 1230. Food will be available the rest of the day and evening.
Thanks to the following volunteers:
- Roger is our activities coordinator for Saturday at Izaak Walton
- Theresa is coordinating family pictures Saturday at Izaak Walton. See below for details.
- Doug set up our Friday night at the bowling alley and is preparing Izaak Walton
Feel free to call around to other places or try to negotiate better pricing:
Ramada (265 33rd Ave) Phone: (402)564-1492
- Rooms reserved for July 20th and 21st 2018
- Rooms: 2 Queen beds ($119.95) or 1 King bed ($124.95)
- Discounts: AAA, AARP, ($12 off) and military ($25-$30 off)
- Amenities: Free breakfast, Pool
Columbus Inn (across the street from Ramada, 371 33rd Ave) Phone: (402)564-2527
- Basic hotel, but I’m told it is OK if you just want a bed and shower
- Rooms: 2 Queen beds ($65 for 2, $55 for 1)
- No pool
- They do have microwave and small refrigerator in room
Main Event: Izaak Walton
- Lunch provided at 1230.
- Menu: Shredded Pork Brats Hot Dogs Potato Chips Baked Beans Fruit Dessert Drinking water Lemonaid or Ice Tea
- Plates, silverware, napkins, and cups for water included
- Price: Adults: $10 Kids age 6-12: $3 5 and under: Free
- Above price covers the food and Izaak Walton rental fee.
- What you need to bring: Beverages you may want beyond water/lemonade for yourself (alcohol is permitted)
- Other items you may want to bring: Lawn chairs Extra coolers if you have them to share with others traveling by plane.
- Pictures start at 2:30 (details below).
- Plan on staying into the evening if you would like. We should have left over food. If not, we will chip in and get some pizza.
Family T-shirt colors and Picture times:
- Group picture at 2:30. Family pictures to follow. Theresa will have a poster up at the reunion with the family picture times.
- Ed – Green
- Bill – Purple
- Ray – Pink
- Beda – Red
- Harold – Light Blue
- Rich – Yellow
- Len – Dark Blue
- Dave – White
- Alice – Maroon
Troubles with the website? Call or text me – Brian: 410-343-7245